Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #72 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
It would have to be an instrumental so I could totally ignore the message.
Hey! You replied! I'm glad. Hmmm...instrumental. What are your favorite instruments? And do you have a favorite music genre? I'm thinking I remember seeing many of your posts in the metal thread.

A vegan activist and musician, Will Tuttle, who wrote "The World Peace Diet," plays piano music to express his feelings during his talks, and he and his spouse created a CD of children's music incorporating mostly wild animal sounds. Somehow, though, I don't think a song with some snorting pigs will win you over...although...Hey!!...maybe *I* could fake the different animal sounds!! The song and my animal sounds could humorously symbolize the evolutionary tree connecting us all...and I wouldn't have to say a word. You would end up too exhausted from laughing to be able to eat anything!

Well, Unfan, I will think on this issue and see if I can come up with a song that emphasizes instrumentals and let's the listener ignore the message almost completely. I actually wrote down the skeleton of some lyrics today with you in mind...my attempt at subtle vegan propaganda that only becomes obvious at the end of the song. I think it would be hard for me to not use any words at all, because I like words so much, although I agree that instrumental music perhaps can be more emotionally moving.

Say, when you were taking about Bono, did you mean the "Don't Give Up (Africa)" rendition of Peter Gabriel's song?
--Erica

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 08-03-2009 at 06:10 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote