Music Banter - View Single Post - The Quiet Man in the Corner
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Breaks/Progressive:

Uriel - Fieldox
Label : Morphosis Records
Release : March 9th, 2009
Versions : Original, Domased Electronica Remix, Retroid Remix

01) Original Mix : What a tune! I haven't heard from Uriel in quite some time and the last time I did he was making trance. It seems we're in a period where people aren't afraid to experiment and just kinda do their own thing. Back in the day of commercial trance everyone had their own style.. but still were pretty similar. Nowadays though Ferry Corsten has been producing electro and electro trance, Armin van Buuren has been making pop-esque vocal trance and house, Paul van Dyk has been making all kinds of stuff from house to pure trance, and Tiesto has gone way into house territory. I digress. This tune is both beautiful and energetic. It has a lot of movement and melodies and yet is progressive. I hardly ever see all 3 of those things in one song.. and it's a breath of fresh air. Thanks to this current trend of experimentation. All around a great track : 8/10

02) Domased Electronica Remix : Although it is far from the original.. it still maintains the same feeling. The main difference being that this one is progressive house.. and not breaks. Since it is, it's much more suitable for lounging and probably more accessible to most people. Now this could be good or bad depending on your views, but I'm indifferent. Since it's just as good as the original and just a different style, I say go for it! I'm quite surprised I've never heard of this artist but I'll definitely keep my ears open for his stuff. 8/10

03) Retroid Remix : A remix from the guy who owns the label! Ironically it's my least liked version out of all of them. It's like the original but the melody is just too.. energetic. The original managed to have energy but still had a general feeling of being smooth, or maybe just more dynamic. I'll stick to the other versions. 6/10

Last edited by CanwllCorfe; 08-04-2009 at 09:17 AM.
CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote