Music Banter - View Single Post - Silversun Pickups
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #96 (permalink)
Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpencil View Post
Don't spend a dime on this. You could get it for free on the torrents. #1, drummer isn't that great really, he just puts a symbol really high up, which is kinda lame. #2, they sound too much like R.E.M meets new pop disco craze. Disco is dead people, why does everyone keep listening to it???? / making it.

don't u remember in 1979 when disco was killed in Tiger stadium. Looks like some people don't remember. Boring lead singer + chick on bass to try and up the attractiveness of the band. I say boring.
Wtf?? Lmao

#1 their drummer is awesome, he's as solid as a rock and never misses a beat which is what really matters. The reason he has an unusual kit setup is not that he wants to look cool, it's what he feels comfortable with and helps him play to his maximum potential.
#2 They don't really sound like REM and they are certainly not part of any pop disco craze. You come across like you've only heard one of their newer songs and judged them on that. I certainly can't imagine anyone pulling disco moves to the likes of Creation Lake, Kissing Families or All The Go Inbetweens.

Who gives a f**k when disco died anyway. Oh and the reason why Nikki is their bass player is not that she's eye candy (in fact i don't really find her that attractive at all), it's because she knows what to do with a bass guitar.