Music Banter - View Single Post - Gothic Americana/ Alt-Country/ Dark Cabaret
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #110 (permalink)
oldcrowprophet
Groupie

Hello children,

How happy I am to have found you all playing here discussing a topic I hold dear to heart.

I have many years into this genre and have come across many bands and whatnot that dwell within it's dark woods.

I shall compile a list of the deviant souls that have had a part in darkening my soul.

I will tell you also, that I have ventured into this songwriting territory my self with the band Two Step Slumber. You may google the name of myspace if you wish (or whatever it is you kids do these days). This project is on hiatus as of January. Perhaps we shall re-convene in the days to come.

Until then children, stay true to the darkness, find rest in the night. Old Crow Prophet is watching over you whispering black thoughts into your dreams.

Who you must listen too:

Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter
Rykarda Parasol
The Builders & The Butchers (1st album)
Iron & Wine (Woman King EP)
The Be Good Tanyas (hit & miss)
William Elliott Whitmore (first two albums)
Hyacinth House
Two Step Slumber
Jeff Zetner (of Creech Holler)
Reverend Glasseye
Slim Cessna's Auto Club
Lillium (members of 16HP)
Munly
Viarosa
Neko Case (sometimes she's dark)
Antic Clay (formally of Myssouri)

Of course Woven Hand who I haven't seen mentioned here. It's the new 16HP basically.
Also, The Denver Gentlmen who I believe were the first official Gothic Americana group. Members later formed 16HP & SCAC.

This should be enough to get you started children. Have fun and share. If you would like links to some albums, I will consider if talked to in the right fashion.

Last edited by oldcrowprophet; 08-05-2009 at 09:58 AM.
oldcrowprophet is offline   Reply With Quote