Music Banter - View Single Post - Metallica
Thread: Metallica
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 07:35 AM   #241 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Whereas Load is a completely different thing, a hard rock denser sound with a strong blues element and even Lynyrd Skynyrd sound on some songs, no real singles etc. The group were not looking to build on Black but trying something totally different.

I actually liken Load to Led Zeppelin`s Houses of the Holy, Zeps experimental album (not sound wise though) and after the success of Led Zeppelin IV the group just wanted a change of direction and experiment and I think Metallica were seeking to do the same with Load
I'd say this is accurate. When you advance an art form as far as Metallica did, you may be burned out. Its also hard to imagine finding something better than some of those early albums.

If thats the sound you're looking for, Puppets perfected it. So what should you do? Keep making ****tier versions of Puppets?

Changing their sound was them playing something that they enjoyed and was more appropriate. The worst thing an artist can do is try and duplicate their old records when they don't feel that way any more.

It seems to say: People liked me when I was angry, so I'm going to try and be angry again.

The kids barking for thing like "make more old sounding records" ahve little to no life experience. They don't understand theres a finite limit to things, they don't understand why and how things change. Their either 16 and think the world is black and white or their 40 and still dress like they did when they were 16 and that the world is black and white.