Music Banter - View Single Post - Ron Paul: Crazy person?... or craziest person?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
The difference is that humanitarianism has no claims to moral absolutes, so it can't become a strict government.
In other words, it claims that there is no objective morality. If this is the case, then morality becomes a wild card where anyone can force anyone else to do anything. Humanitarianism does claim to support a morality though. It has ethics that are based on duty in that you are responsible for the well being of everyone else on this planet.

I am not anti-government. I think that Objectivist politics, which are related to libertarianism, are deceiving. If anything, I am pro-government when it comes to the enforcement of the law and the protection of individual rights. I believe that there should be a very strong government in those areas. However, I disagree that the government should be strong in the economic area. It interferes on the happiness of those who live under it. The market which was (theoretically) run by strict supply and demand is now run by a person picking who should survive and who should not. I don't believe anyone should be making that choice.

Last edited by Inuzuka Skysword; 08-06-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote