Music Banter - View Single Post - Ron Paul: Crazy person?... or craziest person?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
The Unfan
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka Skysword View Post
A morality is a set of rules to achieve a goal that one sets for oneself with his own reason. That is morality in its true sense.
Having a raison d'etre does not make you a moral being. This definition is beyond atrocious because it makes that assumption. One can have no drive and still be a moral person.

Quote:
Most philosophers hold that one should run away from reality and admit there is no objective morality. However, then they hold that there is no such thing as the objective world. They hold that there is no defined right or wrong way to go through with an action. There most certainly is if one has a goal and one can judge it based on what is more rational to achieve his own interests.
This is why I hate Rand's philosophy. It tosses out philosophy based on reality and logic in favor of selfish gain. In my mind what I gain from reality is far more important and precious than anything I could get out of denying it for selfish goals. The ideaology doesn't care about what actually is as long is it makes you feel good.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote