Music Banter - View Single Post - George Harrison
Thread: George Harrison
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

I can't say he's my favorite beatle at all, being such a Lennon fan ... but he's my second favorite.

he did bring the oriental touch into the group and that was a really big step for the Beatles, plus the maharishi period was all his idea.
and i must say he wasn't taken seriously by the others.

has anyone of you heard his demo "you know what to do" on the Anthology I album, i though that was a really great song, but they never recorded it ... and it stayed a demo ...

a lot of his songs written in Beatles period, stayed that way ... and the others where put in his album 'All things must pass' ... that's why it was a double album ... there was so many unreleased songs.

but i think he had a minor flaw: sometimes he could get subconsciously repetitive.
if you listen to "Only a northern song" and "If i needed someone" ... they have a quasi-similar melody at the beginning. and also the similarities between "My sweet Lord" and The chiffons' "He's so fine"

anyway, he's one of the greatest music composers and guitarists and singers [i just love his voice]
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote