Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #1654 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

This was a very enjoyable read and the artwork was beautifully done.

My mom use to read this when I was younger but I most far more into Spawn so I never bothered to read them. My library had an issue so I decided to see what it's like and so far I'm enjoying it, incredibly down to Earth and does things with a certain sense of humor, like Astro City's version of the Justice League that issue points to heroes per piece of merchandise sold, the more points the hero has the more respect amongst the group they have.

I read Junky for the first time about this time of year but then really started getting into RPG books and things related to the game so I never really got to follow up on any of his other work. I've heard good things about this, someone told me that it severely influenced Irivne Welshe's debut novel Trainspotting (which is my all time favourite book) so I decided it's a good place to start.

I've read Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs and IV and really found myself enjoying Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs more than IV. Regardless it was there at the library and I couldn't find anything else that interested me so I decided why not.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote