Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Song Shuffle
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #50 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Props for Ween and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. Skid Row's Slave to the Grind was one of the first two CDs I ever purchased when I switched over from tapes, so I may not listen to them anymore but props for that.

From my home computer this time, with a selection of 27K+ tracks:

PJ Harvey - C'mon Billy
The Smiths - Nowhere Fast
Modest Mouse - What People Are Made Of
Bob Marley - Don't Rock My Boat
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
Boys Night Out - The Subtitles That Make Mass Muderers Out Of Otherwise Decent People
Glifted - Is There Any Always
Cursive - Vermont
Boards of Canada - Bocuma
Peter Hammill - Nobody's Business

Inevitably this sampling doesn't quite capture my real listening habbits. I don't really care for Bob Marley (it was my girlfriend's CD) and could go without hearing Zeppelin's Immigrant Song ever again even though I dig the band. The Cursive track is from their earlier period and I can hardly stand the vocals in that stuff. PJ Harvey and The Smiths are also more the girlfriend's taste but I like it occasion. Luckily I wound up with a Modest Mouse track from before they started sucking, and that's my favorite of the 10 here. I like the Peter Hammill track too and it's actually a reminder to listen to that album but I haven't yet.