Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA - Up and Coming Teams
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fan Of Music
Groupie

Portland does not need Kevin Durant. Our Forward position is going to be OK since we got Andre Miller. Granted he is a guard, but he can play the forward well. The Blazers like to go with three guards sometimes anyway. I can see an Oden/Przybilla, Aldridge, Roy, Miller, and Rudy/Bayless lineup playing every now and then. It seems like you wanted instant gratification. Greg Oden got hurt, and didn't play his first year. Kevin Durant did great in his first year. So Kevin Durant is the better choice. I don't think so.

What Portland needs is a big man that can score. That is where Greg Oden comes in. Sure he has been hurt, but if you look at the stats when he gets his minutes he is an instant double double in points and rebounds. And you said something about if this and that the Blazers could be in the same league as the Celtics, Cavs, Spurs and whoever else you said I won't check. The Blazers beat all of those teams except for the Cavs at least once.

Also, in case you can't remember - The Lakers won the championship. Why does that matter here?

Last year these Portland Trail Blazers who you say can't even be in the top tier of teams gave this championship team their worst loss of the season. They beat the team that would win the championship by more than any other team could.

Also, the defending champs, the Boston Celtics, suffered a loss in the Rose Garden this last year. Guess that means Brandon Roy controlled the game and did his thing right? Nope. He didn't even play. The Blazers who you say are not in the top teams yet beat the defending champs without their star player. Why is that? Because these Blazers are one of the best teams in the NBA, they just don't have the experience.
Fan Of Music is offline   Reply With Quote