Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA - Up and Coming Teams
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
People, the Heat? D-Wade says he'll resign if the team looks like it'll be a title contender by 2010-11. Looks like that will be the case. Beasley looks like a future NBA scoring champion, he led all rookies in scoring rate despite spending too much time out on the perimeter, and I expect him to make the necessary adjustments to score at least 20 ppg this year. Mario Chalmers looks like a solid starter for the next 10 years. Then comes something most people overlook. Jermaine O'Neal has an expiring contract worth $21,372,000 for 2010. I'm thinking a run at Stoudamire/Bosh. Think about that lineup for a second...Chalmers/Wade/Beasley/Bosh/???. If they fill out that last spot I'm thinking 60 wins and at least a finals appearance.
I was thinking about them, but without making the moves for Boozer or Odom like were being talked about, I'm not sure they're all that much better then last year. I agree 2010 is a huge off-season for them. I like Beasley and Chalmers, but I'm not sure they'll make the jumps you are assuming. Beasley is a natural scorer, but I'm not sure he's a real big time player. Reminds me a lot of a young Glenn Big Dog Robinson at this point. Chalmers could be a solid PG comparable to a Derek Fisher level or he could fade a bit like a lot of young guards when they loose a step. Their playoff performance left a lot to be desired rookies or not.

Haslem is a great piece for them too, but they need a real forntcourt presence to compliment the perimeter scoring of Wade and Mike Beas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan Of Music View Post
The heat are going nowhere next season. You can think about whatever contracts you want, but they are not really all that realistic.

What if Micheal Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, and Scottie Pippen all became great again at basketball, and decided to come back to the NBA. They get on the same team. LeBron James and Kobe Bryant both like this team. They get on it too. Then what if they had the best bench to ever play the game. That team would win the championship every year. Be realistic. You just said a lot of what ifs that you have no basis for.
What?

Everything he suggested is very realistic. Bosh or Stoudamire could easily sign with Miami and then they would be a title contender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote