Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #301 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Crash,

While I appreciate the humility you've demonstrated in your last post and would accept you're apology if I felt it was necessary, I can't say I'm sorry for or that I would take back anything I said in my previous post. It certainly was not me snapping or blowing up at you, I reworded my post several times to make sure it expressed exactly how I felt.

It is certainly a rude and inconsiderate post, but that was it's intent, you're not my student, you get treated just like any other adult here, and that's exactly what I'd say to anyone who expressed those opinions so blindly and with such conviction. You're attitude towards this subject is extremely ignorant and why the closing comment was certainly hyperbole, I would prefer any adult with those ideas of how to parent rather kill themselves then have children.

No one is coming after you with torches, you expressed an ignorant opinion for which you provided no basis except ludicrous claims that physical violence against children is a way of educating and preparing them on and for the real world and that it will make them tougher and less likely to be victimized at school. Then when confronted with facts and statistics contradicting your claims instead of evaluating your position you told Lateralus (A teacher as she has made clear often in here and within this thread) how unqualified and unstable the majority of teachers are without providing any evidence or examples.

Painting yourself as a victim is exactly what physically aggressive students do more often then not when being disciplined in school, it's never their actions that led to the consequences. I frankly don't care if you respect me, and don't think you should care if anyone here respects you either. We are all strangers here and likely will remain that for life, our words are all others can judge us on, far or not. I won't hold this conversation and our differing opinions against you in future debate and hope and expect you'll be as open minded. There is a part of me that would like to apologize because what I said either hurt your feelings or upset you, but it'd be insincere so instead I'll just say in honor of Davey Moore, So it goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote