Music Banter - View Single Post - Things that make me want to headbutt everything
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #41 (permalink)
WolfAtTheDoor
ironing your socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
Lol i sell a lot of flat-pack furniture and stuff most customers seem to have no problem with assembling the furniture themselves but there's always that 10% that kick up a fuss and want the already assembled display models. I always charge them €10 extra for the display model and they have no problem paying up as long as it's assembled. I could put a new display model together in my sleep anyway by this stage.

The main reason for the existance of flat-packed furniture is portability. You can just walk into a shop, pick out the items you want and fit them into your car with no problems and assemble them when you go home, instead of tying a computer desk and a bedside table to the roof of your car and driving home. Most flat-packed furniture are sh!t quality anyway lol
To be perfectly honest I understand the reasoning behind flat-packed furniture for people who buy from the stores, but I ordered all of this new furniture from the catalogue and it was home delivery... there doesn't even seem to be an option anymore of whether or not you'd like your item to be assembled beforehand for an extra fee. It's like furniture manufacturers have become too lazy to even do it for more money.

And it's not that it's the hardest thing in the world to do, even though you can guarantee you'll always have a few problems with the assembly, it's that when you buy a lot of furniture in one go, as I have done with my bedroom, you need to put in a lot of time and effort to get it all set up. Over £2,000 has been spent for new furniture in this bedroom and it feels like a bit of a swizz that I have to make a lot more effort than just handing over my card details.
WolfAtTheDoor is offline   Reply With Quote