Music Banter - View Single Post - WolfAtTheDoor's Miscellaneous Movie Review
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 05:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
WolfAtTheDoor
ironing your socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeAndno View Post
And as for the Indiana series, nice to see a review there from Spielberg himself. Seriously, Crystal Skull was dire, bad plot, bad CGI, and barely any fun to watch. Temple of Doom isn't as bad as people make it out to be but definitely second worst, again, not many fun parts for a 'fun action adventure' and Spielberg's wife deserve a bitch slappin'. Raiders of the Lost Ark is the best out of the series and Last Crusade is second. Both are fun, have great action scenes and have similar structure.
Well as I explained, I never had any sort of expectations for the film as it was the first one out of the Quadrilogy that I saw, and it remains the only one that I watched at the cinemas. Obviously, not being a fan of the first three films helped in some way because I wasn't left holding my head in my hands at the fridge, the prairie dogs or Shia LaBeoufs Tarzan antics. To me, it was just a silly and ridiculously overblown action movie that was entertaining in its own insane right.

I've since watched the quadrilogy again and for me it still stands;

1: Temple of Doom
2: Raiders of The Lost Ark
3: Kingdom of The Crystal Skull
4: The Last Crusade

Sorry, fanboys

EDIT: I agree that this was the best I've seen Buscemi, alongside his role as Seymour in Ghost World. And as for Inglourious Basterds, I haven't heard that many good things about it thus far... apparently the dialogue is still not up to Reservoir/Pulp standards and the action is hit and miss. Still though, I'll give it a watch, and I think Brad Pitt's character has all the potential to be a fantastic movie character.
WolfAtTheDoor is offline   Reply With Quote