Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 06:03 AM   #755 (permalink)
WolfAtTheDoor
ironing your socks

I agree that sometimes it can be good, I think it just majorly depends on if it affects your overall experience of the game or if it's just a nice little add-on that you wouldn't mind buying. For instance, I can understand that hardcore beat-em up fans who love to collect all the costumes for their favourite character in their favourite franchise wouldn't mind paying for particularly fancy downloadable costumes - but I think it would be wrong to have extra characters available for download, because this would affect the whole mechanics of the game.

I used to enjoy playing online, I wasn't a nut for it or anything but a lot of my friends also had Xbox live so it was cool to be able to just unwind on a weeknight with Halo 3. But eventually you felt like you were so far behind with the extra map packs that it ruined the experience for me, so I sold Halo 3, my 360 was pushed to the side and I bought a Nintendo Wii, which doesn't suffer from any of these failings because it has the worst online capabilities I have ever seen.
WolfAtTheDoor is offline   Reply With Quote