Music Banter - View Single Post - Last FM
Thread: Last FM
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #3350 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Yeah I'd definitely say you've got some the right idea for starting off, however I would also so to take a look for their 12 Golden Country Great. I mean you might be a little perplexed at first cause it's Ween doing country but after you listen to the first song you'll say "oh I get it, it's Ween doing a country album" if that makes any sense at all.
I had a feeling you might bring that one up. When it came out it actually turned me away from Ween. I realized it was a joke but I just didn't enjoy country at all. I lost track of them and didn't explore anything after that until about 2004 or 2005. That's when I realized how great The Mollusk and White Pepper are, and how stupid I was letting 12 Golden Country Greats turn me away completely (I was still listening to the old stuff on occasion, mind you). And I appreciate 12 Golden Country Greats more now than then, but still don't ever really listen to it.