Music Banter - View Single Post - VeggieLovers Journey into Lyrics and Poetry
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
VeggieLover
Music?! Lets boogie!

yes, you got the meaning behind the song. "rats and cats" are also common lab animals... I kind of meant for the song to make us think about the things we do everyday. Like a rat in a maze or a cat chasing said rat, its a kind of instinctual "blindness" that we humans are supposedly above. Are we really living and making our own decisions? or are we just doing the steps of a dance, hynotized into doing what the people around us are doing? The theme was taken from my feelings as I am reading 1984 currently and these kind of issues are brought up a lot. Actually vegangelica, the style of this song would be similar to that of Wring that you wrote, though very different, I was going for a similiar creepiness.

Quote:
Twirl, leap--a Grand Jete
march in time
don't step out of line
we're all the same
day after day
but where is it leading?
What are we seeking?
I like your rework of my chorus. In my original, the "where is it leading, what goal are we seeing?" line was kind of a bridge and not part of the chorus, but does it make more sense to include it in the chorus??

hmm a rework:
Twirl, leap, march in time
don't step out of line
Recite the good rhyme
day after day
but where is it leading?
what are we seeking?
"Not remotely! Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."

Last edited by VeggieLover; 08-15-2009 at 01:30 PM.
VeggieLover is offline   Reply With Quote