Music Banter - View Single Post - Crash's Daily Reader
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #32 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Crash's Song of The Day - 12 AUG 2009

Thrice - Deadbolt

This is a song that has stuck with me over the last decade, it has has seen me in good times, bad times, in different parts of my life, and has managed to mean something different to me everytime I hear it. A song that was among the first I attempted to play in my first band, Deadbolt has truly been a stable in my musical lifetime. The lyrics "at four in the morning, you know where I'll be. Out running red lights asleep at the wheel" have always spoken volumes to me. The bass fill that's about :48 seconds into the song has kept me awake at night thinking about how perfect it is. The song is a progressive song, not repeating a part, but still remains to be a beautiful masterpiece of a song. Short and sweet, the full version (including piano piece at the end) in 3:01. The song itself is about 2:34, which is short for a song, but this song squeezes every last second for everything it's worth. The way it progressive from an abrasive track meet to a somber lullably so seamlessly has always amazed me. I have had this song stuck in my head all day, and listening to it prompted an entry. Enjoy.

9.2/10
Crash Certified 'Must Have Track'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".

Last edited by crash_override; 08-12-2009 at 10:58 PM.
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote