Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #558 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
OK I'll post the partners tomorrow. I will be gone all of next week so I will need somebody to fill in for me, or just not post partners till I get back on Sunday August 23rd.

anyways trace87 made the mistake of sending me my least favourite punk band next to The Exploited, The Adolescents. Now I can't blame him for this mistake, I hardly ever talk about my punk bands (partly because I have great disdain for the genre) but also The Adolescents are one of those greatly respected artists from most fans of the genre. The album he sent me was their self-titled album, which I'll admit is better than the rest of their discography (especially Balboa Fun Zone). I think my irrational hatred of most punk is mostly due to the fact that even they wouldn't accept me as a teenager because I wouldn't dress or act like them. I clung to my geeky roots of reading Tolkein and Pratchett as well as playing Dungeons & Dragons. This rejection by a group of self appointed rejects really made me dislike the punk genre and most things associated with it. I know this sounds petty, but I can be a very petty person at times. Sorry man, I hope you liked The Standard more than I liked The Adolescents.
I got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote