Music Banter - View Single Post - Where I'm At...
Thread: Where I'm At...
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

I think I have most evolved in the reggae genre more than anything thanks to Jackhammer, Bulldog and Gavin B. They have introduced me to some of my most favorite and most prized songs I have.

I have also got into a band I probably wold have never given a second glance or even heard of, if it wasn't for Urban Hatemonger. The Fall is like nothing I have listened to before and I absolutely love them for that. I do have to take them in very small doses, as I am still getting used to them, though.

Classic country seems to come easy to me, and it is one of favorite genres. I love writing about it and sharing my thoughts, maybe because I feel that I'm getting people, that wouldn't normally listen to this genre's, attention.

I thank Boo Boo, Seltzer, and whoever else that did that thread about King Crimson, for introducing me to them. I play them almost everyday, and it made me look into some more prog.

But, as of right now, I have been on the biggest Buena Vista Social Club/Ibrahim Ferrer kick. I can't get enough of that traditional Cuban sound. I don't care if I don't understand them because there is something mysterious in not knowing what exactly they are saying that keeps you interested

Last edited by Flower Child; 08-13-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote