Music Banter - View Single Post - The 40th Anniversary of Woodstock
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Chuck Berry never tried to pass himself off as anything besides some dude who played old songs on his guitar. he never talked about how his generation was changing the world (even though HIS generation DID accomplish significant social/cultural changes)

what is it about my attitude that you can't stand? is it the fact that i can look at the past, draw my own opinion on it and present it without giving a crap about having it validated and approved by someone else? the OP wanted to know what people thought, I posted what I thought on the matter. should i just not post for fear of having a different view than the MB hive mind?

the hippie movement wasn't anti-capitalism? i guess you're right, but i never claimed it was. there was most definitely a large element of anti-establishment, fight the power, stick it to the man BS throughout the movement though. the hippie commune movement wasn't exactly pro-capitalism either.

you claim i'm letting nostalgia cloud my view on things, at least i've got a view on them. your last comment on the festival shows you're clueless aside from what wiki and google are telling you, and just baiting me at this point. woodstock '69 made NO money, it turned out to be a great festival about community, getting high, and f*cking, but that is not at all what it was intended to be initially.

and with that, i'm done with another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote