Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #9454 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsy View Post
As well you should... I attended many a Uni rally on that exact topic in my time...

Don't get me wrong, I love Australia to death. I miss it like a limb lost in a war, but I always thought the stupid xenophobic crap pulled by the paranoid anglo centric idiots (that make up a small but persausive portion of the community) really held a great country back from being even greater...

Australia never was, and never will be "white"... despite whatever policy has been in place! Australias strength and future lies in its multiculturalism, as well as in embracing its indigenous peoples and their culture...

But Christ I miss all the good stuff about Australia... maybe I should stream some Triple J just to feel all homely again...
Right on! If I ever lived away from Australia I would get so unbelievably homesick, I don't know how you do it. How long have you been living in the US and do you plan on coming back? And Triple J has gone downhill these days... not nearly as good as it used to be which makes me sad