Music Banter - View Single Post - An everlasting problem
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 12:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Default An everlasting problem

I tried to learn the piano when i was 9 or so ... took courses for 2 years but stopped cz i was a kid and i was stupid ... anyway, i'm trying to learn the guitar, and the same problems that i had then, i still have them now ...

i thought i would out-grow it but doesn't seem so ...
and the problem is ... my hands are always too small for the instrument ... i do have REALLY small hands and it really gets in the way of learning the easiest chords ... the G chord seems like this impossible task, having to put a finger on the first and the other on the sixth without touching the ones between ... and i haven't dealt with the third finger here.

and i don't really want to play on the kiddie guitar ... the ukulele seems like the perfect instrument here ... but i don't want to play on the ukulele!
so is there something like: too small hands ... or should i just live with it and have a crooked hand for another month until it becomes numb like the state of my finger tips.
I'm not trying to be a drama-queen [tho i sound like it] ... but my hands scream "doomed".
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote