Music Banter - View Single Post - Aló
Thread: Aló
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
franzfergidon
25 characters?!?

Default Aló

Hey there. My name is Jess... well, Jessica, but I'd prefer you don't call me that :/. I'm from Orlando, FL AKA the place that every band skips when they tour... but we have some kickass record stores here? Awesome. Anyway...

I like music (obvzly thx cptn obvz). Some more than others. Taste has been growing more in the last two - three years as I got into my... probably all time favourite band (The Clash) and a bunch of other bands from there. (The Pogues, Gogol Bordello and some other stuff). Last year I got ~supa obsessed~ with The Libertines and my probably ~favourite band of... now~ Franz Ferdinand (although I don't really know what to think of their latest album D:...)

And just this past year I've gotten into post-hardcore and hardcore punk... Mostly At The Drive-In and Dead Kennedys (for their respected genres, of course) if I'm gonna be specific, and more post-punk (Echo & The Bunnymen, Siouxsie and the Banshees...) and some shoegaze (mostly My Bloody Valentine and Slowdive.)

tl;dr: My name is Jess, I like punk (first-wave and some hardcore), some new wave, post-punk, post-hardcore and that awful (and now seemed to be accepted?) genre of "indie".

Hope I didn't overuse the tilde.
franzfergidon is offline   Reply With Quote