Music Banter - View Single Post - Marijuana?
Thread: Marijuana?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 06:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
DJ_Jester
Forum Fool

I have tried it maybe 3 times in my life and wasn't impressed that much. Like it's been said before, I love my alcohol and I'll stand up in front of an AA meeting and say it.

In it's defense though, I vaguely remember an article way back when I was in high school (oh God there I go with my age again... *sigh*) that was talking about the addictive nature of pot and how the addiction is all psychological. I mean it is a little addiction but nothing like becoming an alchoholic or the nicotine in cigarettes. It's all about not wanting to be an outcast with your pot smoking friends or just loving that feeling too much to want to stop.

The article also stated ( I don't remember if it was a serious comments or not ) that there was a list of bad and acceptable drugs when the FDA was deciding what do with all these mind altering substances and pot just made it on the wrong list.

In my opinion they should legalize it so at least they could make a standard for pot and make it as safe as possible. Think about all the crime and fighting that has to do with smuggling and selling the stuff. Man if you gave the drug stores the ability to sell it, a lot of that would go away.
(All Times Eastern Standard)
DJ_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote