Music Banter - View Single Post - Hey dudes/dudettes
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 11:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
Shivs
Music Addict

" The Vat "

One in nine o' nine
Relocate through the currents
Can you sleep through white nights?
Into the jungle, man
Hide from the turrets

When the hands of the father
Come down on our family
We choose to salute
Are you loyal?
Will you enjoy my fruit?

Mouths were raped of voices
But that's not what the point is
We all are united,
Our language is unique
One drop to drop
One week to reek

When the hands of the father
Come down on our family
We choose to salute
Are you loyal?
Will you enjoy my fruit?

Hey dudes, finally out with some new lyrics. I've been kind of busy since I last put some up, so it was nice to finally write again. So, the topic of my latest lyrics is the infamous Jonestown Massacre. My father was born and grew up in a town in Guyana, not far from the site where Jim Jones would initiate what he called, a "revolutionary suicide". Jim Jones held a mass suicide in the form of purple juice, mixed with amounts of cyanide, sedatives, and tranquillizers. The name of the song comes from a picture of the aftermath, with a vat of the poison juice in the foreground and dozens of bodies laying the in background. The lyric, "One drop to drop" is reference to the method of feeding cult members a drop of the poison through a syringe. "One in nine o' nine" refers to the nine hundred and nine followers who were pronounced dead. Only two survived. The lyric, "Can you sleep through white nights?" is referring to events in which Jim Jones would give the people of Jonestown four choices: 1. Attempt to flee to the Soviet Union 2. Conduct "revolutionary suicide" (This was simulated after reaching a vote twice before the real loyalty test was brought on [The lyrics "Are you loyal? Will you enjoy my fruit?" is reference to these so called tests]) 3. Stay in Jonestown and fight purported attackers 4. Flee into the jungle (Which is where the lyric "Into the jungle, man" comes from) Hope you all enjoyed these lyrics, I hope to be writing again soon.
Shivs is offline   Reply With Quote