Music Banter - View Single Post - The 40th Anniversary of Woodstock
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 05:44 AM   #27 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
so... how about filling people in on the rest of the non-US based elements of the 60s that were so amazing? the whole hippie movement directly started in san francisco after all (which indirectly spawned psychedelic music).

so unless there's another major cultural element to the 60s i'm overlooking, in this case the US actually IS the center of the matter.
i meant the 60's isn't only the war between the US and Vietnam ... it was a major thing, but not the only thing.
and personally i'd want to live in Britain or France in the 60's and definitely not in the US.

and being the #1 power in the world doesn't make the US the only country or culture in the world ... i assure you we weren't thinking about the hippies, the flower power or the vietnam in the middle east ... still even here, the 60's were the best years in the last millennium [musically and culturally, overall] , and not only in the past century.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote