Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #372 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.3otR View Post
how about a sub-forum in instrument talk for reviews on instruments?
that'd be cool.
i mean you can already post one if you want but i don't see any. so making a sub-forum would create more of those. and it would help people out.
There isn't even a thread on it so I don't see what the point of starting a whole forum for them would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
I'm interested in resurrecting the infamous emo/screamo sharing thread, and I'll tell you why. When that whole RIAA **** was going down most if not all sharing threads understandably disappeared and this changed the way we as a forum operate. However, about 99% of screamo/emo records are either self-released or independently released through non-RIAA affiliated distribution companies. Secondly, emo/screamo is a genre that is not only somewhat difficult to get into, but also has very few knowledgable fans on the interwebz. Due to our forum having a large collection of intelligent skramz fans, I think it would be benificial to us and mb as a whole to have a thread where interested posters can come to get sound advice and obscure music.
The sharing threads being removed had little to do with the whole RIAA thing and more to do with musicbanter's owners. At the time the current owners had just taken over and we asked what their position on filesharing was.

They said in no uncertain terms that it wasn't to be allowed, so all the sharing threads were deleted. I understand your point about it being relevantly underground, but where do you draw the line in what's allowed & what isn't? At what point of obscurity or fame do we allow or not allow links to be posted. It's too hazy & it's not really fair to people who listen to other genres of music.
That's why there's a blanket ban on all of it.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote