Music Banter - View Single Post - Dance and Rave music!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Schizotypic
Souls of Sound Sailors

Actually this thread is perfect. I gave up listening to anything that sounded like techno when I got clean, which is a shame because they're good. Currently trying to track down where it all came from, I'll bet there's some huge back story to rave music no one knows. Like Trance, for instance, is really just progressive psychedelic electronica. I think Armin Can Burren (famous trance artists) was popular at raves at one point, I think 2003. Happy Hardcore (fast cheesy-voiced techno) was big at one point too.

When I left off everyone was listening to some weird.. I don't even know what to call it. It wasn't remotely like psychedelic music, it's really like the next stage of psychedelia using electronic mindfucks popping out of what could only be described as sick electronic dance riffs and heavy bass beats. Nothing deep to these songs but a culture of lost drug addict teens tripping balls and dancing in what could possibly be the most amazing feeling experience humans have created so far. Also there is a notable influence of rock strung through the beats ever since Justice debuted in 2007. My question is where did this genre come from and where will it go?

Oh, and my girlfriend puked to this song once: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nyFq9X9pkE
Crookers were the pioneers I think, they start four years before Justice and heavily influenced the Bloody Beetroots I'm guessing as they sound a lot alike.

In comparison to past movements this is a dull one. The music is good but aligns with the pop culture of today. Were in a new age of pop and dance people. It came in the 50's, came back in the 80's, and then in the 2000's with Britney Spears. Girls must grow-up with drunk daddy's missing their dance recital and turn to Britney... of course looking at the path she went down it's no wonder poor Susie here ended up popping pills in the line at H.A.R.D getting excited as her trippiest dance song comes on.

I do think it's a movement society is taking and not some fad, as it'll most likely last more then ten years before branching into something else. It's just a pointless one. The only revolution we see here is the mass of spiritually malfunctioned people, together as one, blocking out the stuff they can't face with filler.

Last edited by Schizotypic; 08-20-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Schizotypic is offline   Reply With Quote