Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #3894 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Now now, let's not bash Pixar. I love Pixar, but I will say that they're the only people that really excell at CGI animation films, Dreamworks are very hit and miss and there's certainly more sh*tty and medicore CGI films than good ones. But Pixar have yet to do a movie I didn't like.

Overall, I think CGI is really ruining the magic of cinema though. Not just for animation but films in general. What happened to stop motion, animatronics, makeup, pyrotechnics, stunt actors, real props and real live sets? These days for the sake of convenience (and money) the majority of that stuff is now done on computer and greenscreen, overall good CGI is harder to pull off than any other kind of special effect, because it doesn't have any real organic quality to it and thus it's harder to make you believe it could be real. A lot of it nowadays just looks cartoonish and unauthentic, I miss the organic aspect that special effects used to have.

I mean imagine how awesome it must have been to work on the set of Jurassic Park? Being on set with what to you looks like real f*cking dinosaurs. Nowadays that stuff is done on greenscreen and the dinosaurs are added later, it makes the human interaction a lot less convincing.

Donno ... the last animations that i loved were Spirited Away and Waltz with Bashir. ... the good old 2D still amazes me.

i watched Ice Age III 3D last week ... bored to death ... it's not funny and not even cute!
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote