Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 03:35 AM   #3895 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Me and the GF just watched Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea, the latest Ghibli movie. Studio Ghibli were also behind movies like Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. Ponyo is perhaps a little more aimed at kids than those, but it's an incredibly charming film for people in all ages. All the characters were brilliant, the story was highly original and somewhat unpredictable (which I like, you wonder what's gonna happen) and for me it had lots of laughs in it. It's more of a feelgood movie than the previous Ghibli films I've seen too and of course it has that strange Ghibli setting where no character is only bad .. Those who have seen the other movies I've mentioned will understand what I mean.

I dunno what to say, I don't think you're gonna be able to prepare yourself for what comes when you watch it but it's absolutely brilliant. I wanna watch it again with my nephews, I'm sure they would appreciate it too!

Best animated movie since Spirited Away for me!

edit :

I thought about writing a bit about what it's about but it's a bit crazy .. here's the trailer instead!

I don't have sound on this comp, but I'm guessing that's the english trailer. Of course you wanna watch it in original japanese with subtitles!