Music Banter - View Single Post - Dance and Rave music!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieLover View Post
Lets hear your favorite dance music! We all have a few songs that we simply can't listen to while sitting still. A strong beat will get us on our feet! Any genre.
"Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode, released in 1989. One of my favorite songs. My child and I like to dance around to this song with the volume raised as loud as we can have it (without hurting our ears):

YouTube - Depeche Mode- Personal jesus (Official Video)

"Surrender" by Cheap Trick. My best friend and I listened to it back in the early 80s soon after it was released and I've liked it ever since.

YouTube - Cheap Trick - Surrender

"Major Tom" by Peter Schilling (English version, but German version also is good!):

PETER SCHILLING | MAJOR TOM on Yahoo! Video

"Come on Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners:

Dailymotion - Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen - a Music video

Hmmm...is it obvious that I was a teenager in the early 80s?

"Two Princes" by Spin Doctors. I first heard this song with my future ex-fiance, so now I associate it with him, but I still like dancing to the beat:

YouTube - Spin Doctors - Two Princes

"New Age Girl" by Deadeye Dick. I first heard this song while working in the lab in the 1990's and always stopped to dance around to it. While the song is a little annoying (describing a woman in a sexual way...ho hum, old theme), I suppose I am biased toward the song because it is about a vegetarian in Iowa! Also, the video is amusing, because we run around a lot with pumpkins on our heads in Iowa (actually, we don't, but it would be funny if we did).

YouTube - Deadeye Dick - New Age Girl

As an aside, I find it interesting that Trance music, which many people seem to like to dance to, only inspires me to do one thing: turn...it...off. The last time I went to a club (in Turkey in a resort town in the 90's), they were playing a lot of trance-type music, devoid of meaning and heavy on the beat, and I found myself getting progressively angrier and angrier at the mindless, pulsing music...maybe because it seems to encourage people to go inward rather than think about what is outside themselves.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 09-20-2009 at 11:06 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote