Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #1371 (permalink)
Jaakuuta
Groupie

Question Looking for similar-sounding artists

Hello, I have been looking around for a while to find similar sounding artists to my favorite artists, and so far the search hasn't been going too well. I've tried a variety of sites for the purpose, and they all yield pretty much the same results, I've checked out most of these bands and I more or less don't care too much for the results...
Anyway, I wanted to list some of my favorite bands and I was hoping maybe some of the knowledgeable people here may know more about similar artists...

Efterklang
Mum
Sigur Ros
Under Byen
Animal Collective
Canon Blue
Amiina (to some extent)
iLiKETRAiNS
Ef
Lights Out Asia
Bell Orchestre
Slaraffenland (to some extent)
Saxon Shore (to some extent)
Clogs

I particularly like songs with melodica and/or violin solos and/or a nice march/parade beat to it...
some examples of songs I really like by these artists

Efterklang - pretty much any song, but especially Jojo, Frida Found a Friend, and Falling Horses
Mum - I can't feel my hand anymore, it's alright, sleep still... Weeping rock rock, guilty rocks, a little bit sometimes
Sigur Ros - Staralfur, Samskeyti, Ara Batur, vid spilum endalaust
Bell Orchestre - The gaze, air lines/land lines, salvatore amato, the upwards march
Saxon Shore - four months of darkness
Jaakuuta is offline   Reply With Quote