Music Banter - View Single Post - Glancing Over...
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
beszpilman
Groupie

Default Amazing journey!

Schizotypic, that's an amazing thing you're going through. I can connect deeply with that feeling because I'm going through something very similar!

About 11 months ago I started really delving into music. Before then, I was completely casual about it, musically retarded if you will ;D I completely agree that music is a lifelong journey and sympathize that there's so much to catch up with that sometimes we feel like we're Tryin' to Throw Our Arms Around The World. But I'm young and I don't need to instantly grow musical knowledge and tastes to match those from people who have lived the golden decades (I speak for myself 'cause I don't know your age). There's time and we should relax and savour the great albums with our undue attention. Way to go! I love how you develop a deep connection with the albums you like the most, and I think I need to incorporate that into my method. My way of going through albums ("simmering" for me) is slower than yours, but more all-around-the-block I guess. Maybe not. Maybe it's just plain inferior, but it's my own so I'll never admit it!!

You might like to check my journal (can't link to it 'cause I'm a fledgling but it's up at the top of the journals as of now) started only yesterday, I still have about 4 posts to add in order to bring the journey to where I stand currently. I loved your initial brief log of events by parts, and might in the future rip it off.

And before you begin tracking me down, do know I WILL be checking all the albums you are hailing as masterpieces, but I only take so many albums at any given time and now it has to wait at least until october - oh wait, october's all booked up too so that brings us to december!

Best of luck.. and fare-well!
Be
beszpilman is offline   Reply With Quote