Music Banter - View Single Post - Muse
Thread: Muse
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 09:48 PM   #577 (permalink)
sweet_nothing
Da Hiphopopotamus

Quote:
On August 7, 2009, "Uprising" was featured by right-wing United States radio host Glenn Beck on his nationally syndicated talk radio show. Beck, a fan of the band, pointed to the lyrics as a critique of large, invasive, and controlling fascist-style government. Beck offered the song as evidence that the United Kingdom and Europe were ahead of the United States in disillusionment with the growth of government.
haha I think it's great how Glenn Beck is taking their music seriously. I mean I'm not sure how much Matt believes in this kinda stuff I remember him saying in an interview 'well I don't really buy into all of it, but I'm certainly interested in that alternative way of thinking'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote