Music Banter - View Single Post - Radical Feminism *WARNING* There is a pic of Beth Ditto involved
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #52 (permalink)
Wayfarer
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnard17 View Post
Well, yes if you only read the Old Testament. If you read any of the New Testament it largely contradicts a lot of this, starts talking about turning the other cheek and is generally a lot more passive.
I'm don't doubt that this swindle's worked wonders for you in the past; unfortunately for you, some people out there are well-aware of the myriad bigotries and cruelties found even in the New Testament. Let's start with Romans 1.

1:18-20: The "wrath of God" is upon all unbelievers and they are "without excuse".
1:21: The hearts of unbelievers are "dark" and "foolish".
1:26-28: Paul castigates homosexuals.
1:31-32: Homosexuals are "worthy of death".

And how about, let's say...the Gospel of Luke (I'm picking at random here, it's not as though these kinds of bigotries and cruelties are hard to come by in the New Testament)

3:9: Those who do not bear "good fruit" will be "hewn down and cast into the fire."
11:23: Jesus says, "he who is not with me is against me."
12:10: Those who blaspheme against the holy ghost will never be forgiven.
12:46-47: Jesus likens God to a slave-owner that beats his slaves "with many stripes."
13:23:30: Jesus says that only a few will be saved, and the rest will burn eternally in hell, where "there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Now, how about...1 Peter? Sure, why not?

1:2: We have no say in whether we are saved or damned. We are predestined to one or the other and this was ascertained by "the sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ."

Actually, before digging too deeply into 1 Peter, let's have a gawk at this unforgettable gem from 2 Peter:

3:7: God will set the Earth aflame so as to burn all "ungodly men" to death.

Shall I go on, no?