Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Rap Artists
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 06:35 AM   #344 (permalink)
stiflerlike
Groupie

Thumbs up the top ten rappers list

1. Jay-Z
I honestly think he's the most talented rapper to date
2. MC Paul Barman
They don't really have anything else like this, try "Vulture-Shark Sculpture Park"
3. Beastie Boys
Probably made the greatest album in the 80's. Still played constantly on rock radio (from a time when rap was rock).
4. Notorious B.I.G
Was a storyteller when it came to lyrics, but was unstoppable when it came to flow. To quote him, "my slow flow's remarkable"
5. Eminem
Its easy to hate him (here) because he's popular and ICP fans love him, but its unfair to say he's not one of the best rappers ever. His second and third album are on fire to this day.
6. MF Doom
For his work on “hoe cakes” alone he gets a nod from me. Working in a section of rap that doesn’t acknowledge a public image, their focus in the studio is what matters. His investment in this group is worth all the money in the world.
7. Andre 3000
Again, popular so left off a few lists to garner more cred, the working half of outkast keeps his hand in many different pots and its reflected in most things. The concepts alone will keep you interested, never mind the flow or the hooks.
8. Del (and various aliases)
Massive progress from his breakout “catch a bad one” to his hit with Gorillaz. You can see someone who tried to be a rapper morph into someone who happened to rap while telling the stories of his own inverted personal experiences.
9. Black Thought
Tracks 1 and 7, of which the names escape me, on Phrenology are nothing short of badassery. As such, both Black Thought and the roots land themselves at number 9.
10. I refuse to put someone on here I really don’t like.[/QUOTE]

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
stiflerlike is offline   Reply With Quote