Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #2591 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

1) What is your favourite way to hear music? (EG headphones, main system tanked up, in a car etc)
Used to be in the car, because I'd often be alone and I once had a good sound system. But now, not having a car, definitely on headphones so the sound is clear and high-quality.

2) What single thing makes you proud about your country?
Well I'm a Belgian citizen but have lived in the states for the last 24 years. So technically Belgium is my country...and I'm proud that it's a beautiful place in a beautiful part of the world. I'm glad to have roots there.

3) What single thing makes you angry about your country?
The division between North, Flemish-speaking part and South, French-speaking part.

4) What person had inspired you most? It could be musically, morally, politically etc
Sad to say that I can't think of a single person. I think I've had my head up my own ass for too big a part of my life to really find inspiration in a single person. This has resulted in confused and unhappy old me.

5) Will you still be listening to music with the same passion in 20 years or is it a phase that will take a back seat later on in life?
If it's a phase it's sure as hell lasted a long time. To be honest though, if I'm still listening as much and with the same passion in 20 years, then I'm probably living alone and miserably lonely. At the moment I live and breathe music, and don't focus enough on life goals and a social life. So as much as I love music, I hope one day I can look past it and have it take a smaller role in my life. Never would I wish it to be removed from my life though, I just want to exercise a bit of moderation.

6) Do you believe in fate?
I'm not too sure. I believe that what will be will be, but not that someone's life is already planned out for them. It's obviously not something I spend much time thinking about.