Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 12:24 AM   #2599 (permalink)
VeggieLover
Music?! Lets boogie!

1) What is your favourite way to hear music? (EG headphones, main system tanked up, in a car etc)
Definately live, whether I'm performing or in the audience, with the bass so loud your clothes (and other things ) vibrate and your heart skips a beat every now and then. Second-hand high optional.

2) What single thing makes you proud about your country?
hmm...id guess the fact that we've managed to last this long. It really suprises me actually, i mean, we had the civil war and all, but I'd have expected some kind of upheaval in a much more dramatic and devestating sense. Also, that noone has succeeded in invading us yet. Hooray for the abuse of power and plentiful resources.

3) What single thing makes you angry about your country?
The fact that almost every American I've ever met takes their circumstances entirely for granted (and yes, I do include myself). If we all learned to appreciate what we have, there would be a lot less poverty, obesity, political nonsense, abortion, etc. not only here in this country, but probably in the world.

4) What person had inspired you most? It could be musically, morally, politically etc
I'd have to say my dad. Even though he died when I was nine, people are always remarking on habits I have that he had as well. Most of my theories on life etc. are based on what he taught me in the few short years we had together, and he's the one human who has empowered me to become the best person I can be...i've still got a long way to go, but I had a good launch pad.

5) Will you still be listening to music with the same passion in 20 years or is it a phase that will take a back seat later on in life?
Honestly, as far as listening goes, i dont have a whole lot of passion for it. This explains why I only have 40-some (maybe less? idk, i can't see the stats on this screen :S ) posts. As far as performance and the passion for the stuff that comes with music? In twenty years ill be 36, so it'll probably be starting to slow down at that point, though my appreciation will be more mature. Idk, i guess we'll just have to see

6) Do you believe in fate?
No, fate just doesn't make sense to me. I believe that there is a collective human energy balance that basically keeps individuals from screwing it up for the rest of us... and that you know a "karma" type energy has influence... but i'm christian too and believe in God's plan for me. Whether or not I succeed the plan is up to me.
"Not remotely! Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."
VeggieLover is offline   Reply With Quote