Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Star Wars character
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 05:34 AM   #105 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

It's quite interesting how popular the Boba Fett character actually got when you think about how much screen time he actually has over the old trilogy. Anyways, regarding the new versus the old movies I agree that they do have some redeeming qualities. It is nice to get some backstory and certain elements like Palpatine's rise to power and so on was actually great. Like Boo says, a big part of what I didn't like about them is the drama and the emo whining of that ****-****er that plays Anakin. Damn, what horrible casting .. it's a pity because many of the roles had actors I actually liked, but not the most essential one. Eck.

Believe it or not, my favourite is actually Return of the Jedi followed by The Empire Strikes back. I might choose Revenge of the Sith over episode 4 just because it's so good for background and because I think New Hope is a little overrated. They do so much in one film and the whole plot progression just feels a bit cramped in my opinion. I much prefer the sequels of the old ones.