Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Queen Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #197 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWP View Post
I like quite a few Queen songs, but I have yet to get a single album by them. Would I be better off just getting a "best of" album by them, or should I get actual albums one by one?
I was in this situation recently. Because I'm a fan of albums and often prefer to hear it as it was intended rather than in a compilation, I ended up getting A Night at the Opera and Sheer Heart Attack first. One was the top rated album and the other featured the song I like most, "Killer Queen". I then checked out A Day at the Races and plan to check out Queen II next. I often like to go in order but when a band has a large catalog I'm ok with picking and choosing out of order.

Of course it's not like you can really go wrong with a greatest hits comp, it's a matter of preference and also depends on how involved you want to get in listening to Queen. If you plan to eventually check out the album, might as well just do that.