Music Banter - View Single Post - Red Hot Chili Peppers
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 01:46 AM   #727 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Just one mans opinion. I wont claim that I know every insignificant aspect of the RHCP's history as you are trying to project, so I wont delve into an argument unarmed.

My general thesis: RHCP have stayed true to their roots moreso than most bands who have been around for decades as they have.
just what 'old' stuff have you heard? you do realize they've been around since the early 80s right?

seriously. let us know where you're getting this perspective from? 'hey, oh' sounds similar to anything off their earlier albums??? WTF? the only old track that kind of almost sounds like is 'breaking the girl' with a busy guitar line instead of acoustic strumming... and that's from their 5th album.

there's evidence across all their albums that they were never a one dimensional band but to say they've stuck true to their roots and have maintained a stylistic consistency is laughably inaccurate.

you don't need to know insignificant details like how the band strapped socks onto their ****s for the first time after playing an out of town gig with topless girls on stage and decided they had to bare more skin than the chicks to make sure the crowd remembered them. but to ignore the fact that they were very much rooted in old school punk rock during the 80s is not insignificant history.

you can either acknowledge that you've been clueless and bitten off way more than you can chew here or we can force feed you. your call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote