Music Banter - View Single Post - Hi I'm new - and all that.
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faber View Post
So, where do I start...I've been interested in music for quite a short time (2-3 years), but my interest has picked up to the point where I've decided to not only listen to and trying to understand music, but to actually play and create it as well. So I've kind of inherited a guitar (the previous owner isn't dead but hasn't touched it for 10 odd years), started bleeding from my fingers, snapped a string, learnt a pathetically simple tune and bled some more.

My musical taste is very varied, to the point where it's easier to say what I don't like than what I do, so here goes Hip Hop, Rap, Death Metal...and that's about it. I am especially attracted to Italian music, and so names that really gets me going are Marco Conidi, Rino Gaetano, Francesco Gucchini, Laura Pausini and Andrea Bocelli. But my favourite artist of all time is Fabrizio de Andre, who I regard as the greatest cantautore (singer/songwriter) in history.
Lyrics are rather important to me.

Finally, some boring facts:

Instrument: Steel-string guitar.
Been playing for: 2 weeks, 1&1/2 with 5 strings.

And a very important fact:
Favourite Soccer team: AS Roma

So that's it, I guess.
Fixed.

Welcome to MB, the best music forum on the interweb. See you're learning guitar, what learning methods are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote