Music Banter - View Single Post - Radical Feminism *WARNING* There is a pic of Beth Ditto involved
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #104 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

I can tell you first hand that from my experiences on the military side of life that women are not treated equally. In the Navy we have this little thing we like to call "Equal oppurtunity, without equal responsibility", and that's exactly what it is. Females get all the benefits and oppurtunities males get, but are able to evade the responsibilities and duties much more easily. Which leaves you know who with the job. See, in the Navy it's all about where you're at. You don't want to be on the ship, noone does. So if you're a female and you don't like being on the ship, guess what you can do? Get pregnant. Now, instead of being out to sea for 6 months straight, you're sitting at home working half days. Not to mention the 3 months you get off work after you have the baby (keep in mind you're getting paid the same as the people working 16hr days on the ship).

I know Laterlarus is probably going to try and shank me after this. But the truth hurts, and in the Navy, that's just how it is. I'm telling you first hand. Right now my boss is trying to get pregnant so she doesn't have to go to Iraq at the end of the year, and guess who's going in her place when she does. The difference between the military and the civilian working world is that the military can't fire you, which opens the flood gates for females to get pregnant. Not saying all military women are like that, but again, majority rules. I feel that, in most cases, 'equal oppurtunity' is just a PC way of saying "More perks for women".

As for being fired because of pregnancy and being told it was for something else so they don't have to pay your maternity leave, the same thing goes for guys that have bad backs and knees in labor jobs. They get fired all the time under some BS cause simply because they don't want to pay workmans compensation. It's basically the same thing, except the males get less attention, and there's one key difference. One of those things is able to be controlled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".