Music Banter - View Single Post - Radical Feminism *WARNING* There is a pic of Beth Ditto involved
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #105 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double X View Post
Men and women have different needs. So yes, they are being equal because they are addressing the need of mothers to take a maternity leave. They shouldn't be discriminated against in the workplace for being pregnant.

Do you think kids with learning disabilities should be ignored? Because other kids aren't going to get the exact same treatment as the kid in a SPED program. I know it's tactless to related women to disabled children...but still.
No, enough with the strawmen.

I'm all for equality but let's not confuse equality with special treatment.

I've lived a very sheltered, alienated life simply because my legal gaurdian likes to tell everyone I'm special, and look where that has gotten me in life. Nowhere.

If you want to prove that you are capable of doing things just like anyone else, then just do it, asking for handouts isn't the way to go.

Dads can get paternity leave but there's no pay involved. But now people are pushing for paid maternity leave and is that equality for both sexes? No it isn't. It sends a mixed message, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of women are stupid enough to start getting knocked up solely to get 12 weeks pay for not doing their job.

Hooray for equal rights.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.