Music Banter - View Single Post - Radical Feminism *WARNING* There is a pic of Beth Ditto involved
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #110 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Yeah boo boo needs to shut up. Gender inequality does exist and it isn't become "both sexes are different" that's a very ignorant and childish thing to say.

Your argument, in regards to the work place, that woman just need to "prove they're better" in order to get treated equally as men (which they aren't - they're not being given equal opportunity and statistically make less then men do for the same jobs) is you showing you're a, eegads, sexist pig! Or at least chauvinistically ignorant. That's not the attitude you should have, you should have one of indignation in the same way you should be indigent of any other group being, be they ethnic or religious, being discriminated against because of something about their person. A woman can do a better job then a male and still be paid less in that position. It's considered acceptable and it's common place. You think that's fair? Or acceptable because "men and woman are different?" Woman make, in the United States alone, 77% of the income men make and you're complaining so much about maternity leave but something like 60% of woman have it available to them. So it's not exactly a rampant problem (though it shouldn't be at all - as tore pointed out because it’s more of a family issue than a mother issue.)

As far as woman being so lucky in the military, considering their inclusion has led to sexual assaults of all kinds and they're generally treated terribly in the military I think them wanting to get out is perfectly understandable considering they generally aren’t treated like human beings there, but rather a piece of ass.

Woman are an oppressed group; the argument that they aren’t silly. Read the Old Testament, or the Qu'ran and then look at people like yourself who insist on high standards that don't apply to the male gender. It’s something that’s become ingrained in our culture, look how the advertising portrays them as submissive and unrealistically beautiful (which psychologically has shown to lead woman being treated like doormats in society, hello domestic abuse.)

You’re not any better then woman because you have a penis boo boo, but your place in society however is far better, and saying woman should just suck it up only shows you're own pigheadness. It's this kind of attitude that leads to the male-dominated policy making arena doing nothing in regards to gender equality and it's this kind of attitude that breeds sexism, domestic abuse, rape and gender inequity. Honestly Wayfarer is right, the things you've said in this show you're not only ignorant of gender equality from an academic standpoint but that you rarely, if ever, socialize with people. Get off you ass and get a job, or go get some other dose of reality in some form beyond the internet and television.
Leave it to captain emo pants to completely overlook every point I try to make over and over again just like he has been doing for the past 4 years. It's like you TRY to miss my point completely and then come off as a self rightous jackass.

I'm tired of your bullsh*t, you're nothing but an overdramatic, self important clown, and this isn't even worth analyzing.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.