Music Banter - View Single Post - August's Acute Aural Awesomeness Compilation
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #63 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

1. Beardfish - South of the Border
Have to say, I'm kinda diggin it. The vocals are annoying in parts and the lyrics are little crude and prepubescent for my tastes, but overall I enjoyed listening to it. A couple times, I thought I was on a different song, haha.

2. Violens - Spectator and Pupil
This one didn't really make me feel anything. I didn't dislike it, just found it was a little boring, and had no intriguing qualities about it that made me want to listen to it again.

3. Klaxons - Golden Skans
I did like the "du dooo dooo du du oo ooooooo" in this song but that's about it. I little fruity and floaty for my tastes, not enough grit.

4. Elvis Costello and Allen Toussaint - Six-Fingered Man
Enjoyed the vocals and lyrics in this one.

5. Teenage Fanclub - Star Sign
Whew, took a bit to get going, but once it did, I found that this isn't really my taste. The vocalist is pretty monotone and the music just lacked personality and enthusiasm or something.

6. Willie Nelson - Night Life (Live)
I Willie Nelson. I thought this would add a different element to the playlist and also to show people that Willie is pretty jazzy too.

7. John Kamman - 40 Acres
Love the guitar work in this one, and the vocals, but the lyrics are a little corny in my opinion. But a nice feel-good song nonetheless.

8. Superchunk - You Can Always Count On Me (In the Worst Way)
My friends are really into this kind of music, and I have tried countless times to get into it, but it is just not going to happen. I will say this again for this song: a little too floaty and fruity for my tastes.

9. Sebka-Chott - La complainte d'Yvette H.
Wow, loved this one. Funky, different, reggae-ish? in French? Well whatever, I liked it.

10. No Comply - Silencio
Wasn't a big fan of this one. It felt like to me that the female vocalist was just yelling at me in a very masculine way.

11. The Ecstacy of Saint Theresa - Watching Black White Looking
Don't listen to much electronic, but I thought this was alright. Kept me interested even though the music sounds like someone is having a gut-ache
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote