Music Banter - View Single Post - Runners thread
Thread: Runners thread
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #35 (permalink)
tassels
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Yes. The endurance sports are the only real challenge out there.

Speaking of your bad knees, theres been quite a bit of talk around the subject of running barefoot after the press the Tarahumara have been getting the last 5 years or so. If running barefoot made me as immortal as those folks, I'd give it a shot.

The furthest I've run is a half marathon back in '01 in one of the crazier courses in the NorthEast (New Bedford Half) and while I spent the few days after rotting away in bed, I loved every minute of that race.

I moved pretty hard into triathlons after that (nothing big, sprit-distance) but running is the anchor discipline and you can't really get away from that. Whats the farthest race you've done? Got a favorite?
Wow, those people must be tough!

I actually have run a race in years, TheBig3KilledMyRainDog. I just started up running again a couple of years ago to lose some weight from my. I would have liked to do the City to Surf this year, which is a 14km run in Sydney, but my knees couldn't have handled it.
My goal is to get myself better and start running again and hopefully do some fun runs next year.
tassels is offline   Reply With Quote