Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 04:39 AM   #289 (permalink)
IHuman
Groupie

1-Pink Floyd-Dark side of the moon
I used to think I was supposed to hate Pink Floyd when i first started getting into music in the late 80's and even once threw a guys copy of Animals out of a window but then i was at work one day and a guy came in and put this on and as soon as i heard it it felt like the most inspired and original and exquisite music i'd ever heard.

2-The Beatles-Sgt. Pepper
I got a book from the library called 100 greatest albums by Paul Gambachini and this was #1. I'd never heard of it before and as it happened i was staying at a flat with someone who had a copy and when i put it on I loved it. It was so full of lucid vibrant creativity with every song being different and inspired with marvellous instrumentaion and production effects. The harmony vocals are what i remember loving the most.

3-Jimi Hendrix Experience-Are you experienced
The Mozart and Picasso of guitar. The songs might not all be classics but the playing and recording of them is. The most inspired and creative guitar player ever. Nice poetry too.

4-The Beatles-Revolver
I remember coming home on the bus once with this and rubber soul and the white album that i'd bought second hand for about £10.
Everything the Beatles tried to do on these various styles of music on this album came off perfectly. The pure pop of Taxman and And your bird can sing. The poetic drama and beautiful sadness of Eleanor Rigby and For no one, Love you to is an exquisite compact epic of Indian raga's, Here, there and everywhere is a perfect love song with peerless harmony vocals, Yellow submarine is a timeless catchy fun song, Good day sunshine is the perfect feel good song and the finale of Tomorrow never knows still sounds like something from 3000 yrs. in the future. Nobody has taken pop music so far forward in so many ways or with anything like the panache of the Beatles on this album.

5-David Bowie-Hunky Dory
A weird sounding set of songs. Changes is an irrisistable toe-tapper with a lovely moving segment. Life on Mars is equally silly and profound sounding. As is everything else on here. A surreal masterpiece.

6-The Orb-Adventures beyond the ultraworld
A brilliant double album of sonic adventuring.

7-Kate Bush-Lionheart
Not her most applauded work but for me it's the album where Kates unique and unfettered vocal stylings are given the freest reign. The songs most very good too.

8-Air-Moon safari
. Every song is inspired and different and moving and as sweet as candy that you can eat as much as you like of without getting sick.

9-Lambchop-Nixon
a beautiful elegiac album of timeless songs

10-Pixies-Doolittle
A brilliant onslaught of finely crafted tuneful guitar thrash-metal pop with shimmering lead guitar work.

Last edited by IHuman; 08-27-2009 at 05:24 AM.
IHuman is offline   Reply With Quote